Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Clowning around: Midland's Julie Wright overcomes shyness to win seven international clown awards


DSC01324 (2).JPG
Midland native Julie Wright has made a career out of clowning, whether its been locally at birthday parties or on a bigger stage in the Royal Hanneford Circus. But crafting balloon masterpieces, juggling and generating laughs aren't the only benefits of her job. It has also helped her overcome her shy nature. "I was a very shy person, so the clowning helped me. It's like a mask," Wright said. "I still struggle with my shyness in certain situations, around strangers. But, I have a character that isn't shy." As Jewls The Clown, Wright not only has masked her shyness, but has brought joy to thousands of people during her 25-year career.

Read the full story here!

No comments:

Post a Comment