Tuesday, October 18, 2011

MHS football could be peaking at the right time

via Midland Daily News

I arrived at Friday's football game between Midland High and Bay City Western expecting a great game. I was half right. The Chemics played a great game. And the Warriors, well, they looked a little bit overwhelmed. I've covered Midland four times already this season, and I've seen the Chemics absolutely trounce a couple of different teams, beating Saginaw Heritage and Saginaw Arthur Hill by a combined total of 115-0 in weeks three and four. But what I saw Friday in the Chemics' 34-7 rout of Western was probably the most impressive victory I've witnessed from a Midland team in some time. In doing my weekly football picks a few days prior to the game, I hemmed and hawed and eventually went with the Warriors. I had just seen BCW put up huge numbers against a very good Mount Pleasant defense a week earlier, and I got to wondering, "How is Midland going to stop THAT?"

No comments:

Post a Comment