Monday, July 30, 2012

U.S. Rep. Dave Camp diagnosed with type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, to undergo chemotherapy


Dave+Camp-2.JPG
U.S. Rep. Dave Camp, R-Midland, has been diagnosed with a “very early, highly treatable and curable” type of non-Hodgkins lymphoma, his office confirmed today. The 59-year-old Camp, the House Ways and Means Committee chairman, will undergo chemotherapy in the next few months, his office stated. Doctors discovered large B-cell lymphoma after a “recent routine yearly physical,” Camp said in a statement. “My treatment will take place every three weeks over the next few months,” the statement reads. “It will consist of a series of chemotherapy sessions. In between treatments I will continue my work as a United States Representative for Michigan’s Fourth District and as Chairman of the Ways and Means Committee. Thankfully my health is otherwise excellent and my doctors and I expect a full recovery and cure. My family and I appreciate the support, good wishes and understanding we have received.”

Read the full story at MLive!

No comments:

Post a Comment